Saturday, December 11, 2010

About Stones of Delight

Isaiah 54 is one of my favourite passages in the Bible.  It is God's promise of everlasting kindness towards His children and the church in light of His gift of grace through the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Verse 12 says "Moreover, I will make your battlements of rubies, And your gates of crystal, And your entire wall of precious stones."  (NASB)

Young's Literal Translation puts it like this: "And have made of agate thy pinnacles, And thy gates of carbuncle stones, And all thy border of stones of delight."

When I think about this I imagine the wall is my life and the precious stones are the people, events, circumstances and victories that God is building in.  Stones of Delight.

People like my kids and my husband, my parents, my brother and his wife, my mother-in-law, strangers who encourage me when I need it (how did they know?) and friends who rub off those rough edges over time.  Events and circumstances like salvation, being a parent and showing my husband respect.  Victories like understanding the free gift of grace, freedom and Daddy's love and all the things I struggle with each day, like patience, goodness, joy and self control.

All of these precious stones are being built together to create a life of diversity, strength and beauty.  Well, it feels that way some days.  Other days it feels more like I am trudging through mud, in circles, in the rain waiting for the rainbow.  What is incredible is that God says he is building my entire wall of precious stones!  So no matter how it feels now, the end product is going to be amazing!

The blog is to record the stones as they are laid and to share in your stones of delight as we travel this path.  I am sure we can find mutual encouragement in our stories.

Thanks for reading!

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment